SPW 30th Anniversary
T-Shirt Design Contest
Contact: Théa Chesley, information below
Springfield Poets and Writers (SPW) announces a 30th Anniversary T-shirt design contest for Springfield area visual artists.
· Designs must be graphics only (no text, including the artist’s name or signature – although words or letters may be included as design elements), and should depict or suggest iconically the essence of Springfield, Illinois, and acknowledge or suggest poets, writers or writing(s).
· Designs may be black and white or full color, in JPG, PNG, TIFF or BMP format, ideally 1000x1000 pixels. Final shirt front design will be approximately 12 inches by 12 inches.
· Designs may be submitted as email attachments or cloud storage download links to email@example.com , no later than midnight CDT Friday, June 30, 2023.
· Artists should include full name and contact information in the email message.
· Artists may submit more than one design, but each submission should be sent separately.
· The winning design will be selected in a blind judging by a committee of the SPW Board.
· The winning artist will be invited to the August 2 SPW Open Mic from 6-8 PM at Edwards Place, where the contest prize of $100 will be awarded. All submitting artists – and the public – are welcome to attend.
· The winning artist will receive a free t-shirt with her/his design incorporated when the t-shirts are produced.
Springfield Poets and Writers was established as a not-for-profit organization in 1993. Its mission is to inspire and support the literary arts, informing members about writing, writers, and writer-related matters, and providing several venues for publishing, revising, and performing original works. SPW convenes spoken word Open Mics from 6-8 PM on the first Wednesday of every month at Edwards Place, and from 6-8 PM on the third Wednesday of every month via Zoom. More information at www.springfieldpoetsandwriters.com.
Théa Chesley, President
Springfield Poets & Writers
PO Box 5357, Springfield IL 62701
May 1, 2023